Try These 6 Mental Health Hacks
May 3, 2022
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. This month — and every month — HOP WTR encourages you to prioritize feeling your best. Check out our 6 favorite ways to hack your mental health.
1. Track your wins. Grab a notebook, start a journal, or open an app on your phone and jot down the greatest hits of your day. List 3 things you were grateful for and 3 things you accomplished every day.
2. Work your strengths. That thing you’re really good at? Schedule time to do that — it’s the easiest way to build self-confidence. Once you’ve hyped yourself up, tackle a tougher task.
3. Go off the grid. Leave your smart phone at home for a day and disconnect from emails, alerts, and other interruptions. Instead, spend time doing something fun with someone face-to-face.
4. Take a stroll. Block off 30 minutes to walk through a park, dig your toes into a sandy beach, or hike on a trail. Research shows that being in nature can increase energy levels, reduce depression and boost well-being.
5. Try something new. So you wanna be a chef, a poet, a gardener, an influencer? Cook that recipe, write that haiku, plant that flower, snap that selfie. Creative expression and overall well-being are linked.
6. Say “no”. It can be hard to feel like you’re letting someone down. But saying “no” when you need to is good for everyone: you’re prioritizing your mental health now so you can show up for others later. There’s nothing wrong with that. Learn more HERE about embracing the positive power of “no” and find out why you should #GetUpToNoGood.
We’re excited to share some of the organizations we love that are providing resources and support in the mental health space:
• The Jed Foundation
• Active Minds
• Mental Health America
• Anxiety & Depression Association of America
• To Write Love on Her Arms